Saturday, December 25, 2010

Let the drinking begin

Amazing things happen at the holidays; the lights, the tree, the ornaments collected over the years, family and friends that inspire you to try something new and out of your comfort zone.

This year I received a drink book, "501 Must-Taste Cocktails"  , 2 new martini shakers and some beautiful drink glasses.  While the new book has spurred me on to try new drinks I am starting with a drink I made last Christmas and looks like it will be a holiday tradition, the Polar Espresso Martini.

POLAR ESPRESSO MARTINI- one drink
1 shot Espresso cooled
1 shot White Chocolate Liquer
1/2 shot Peppermint Schnapps
1 shot 1/2&1/2

Mix all ingredients in shaker with ice.
Garnish with whip cream and dust with cocoa powder.




The finished product.


Spode that has been collected over the years.

New martini glasses.

Cool picture of new glasses.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Oh wait, it was :) Looking forward to seeing the 501 cocktails play out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend this drink. I have tried many of them! They get better and better.

    ReplyDelete