Monday, January 17, 2011

New Years2011

Yes, I know I missed the opportunity to set the clock at midnight for the New Years photo and  yes, Bob, this is the clock that you made in middle school.  I took this photo  New Years day in MI and was enjoying the drink when I realized I needed to take a picture for the blog.   Mudslides have been around for quit a while I have had the premixed version that you purchase and mix with ice in the blender.  I like Mudslides so it was an easy decision to make this drink next.  I liked this version and will be making it again. 
 
MUDSLIDE

10 ice cubes, cracked
1 measure vodka
1 measure Kahlua
1 measure Baileys Irish Cream

Put 6 ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and add the vodka, Kahlua and Baileys.  Shake until a froth forms. strain into a tumbler and add the remaining ice. 

I normally don't stray from a recipe until I have made it once, but the only Baileys that I had on hand was Baileys Caramel and I didn't have time to go the the store before we left for Michigan.  When I got home I purchased regular Baileys and made the Mudslide according to recipe.  I much preferred the Baileys Caramel, it made for a smooth taste while the Baileys Irish Cream had what I thought was a sharper slightly alcohol taste.  I will be making this drink again using the Baileys Caramel and when the weather turns warm I will bring out the blender and make the frozen version. 

1 comment:

  1. I bet a Mudslide from scratch tastes a lot better than the mix does :) And I like that Bailey's Caramel, so it'd probably be a nice addition to a mudslide.

    ReplyDelete