Monday, January 17, 2011

Dark Night

Back to the book.  Continuing on in the Vodka chapter the next drink I tried was the Dark Night.  I must confess that at this point I am looking for drinks that I  have most of the ingredients for.   The cocktail shaker was a Christmas gift as was the drink book.
Dark Night

ice cubes
1 measure Kahlua
1 measure Vodka
1 measure cold Espresso
2 tsp sugar syrup

Put ice into a cocktail shaker and add remaining ingredients.  Shake well and strain into a chilled Martini glass.

Yes, I made the simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar and boil for a couple of minutes).  I did take the easy route with the espresso and made from instant espresso.

If you like coffee then you will like this drink.  The Kahlua and espresso give this drink a rich coffee flavor.


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, this sounds good! I'd love to sample it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete